Thursday, July 28, 2011

week 2 || emily's post


Apparently I'm partial to collages. I'll try to change it up next week. This is my interpretation of SGRIOBN: the itchiness that overcomes the upper lip just before taking a sip of whisky. I thought it was different. And I found it hilarious that the Irish decided they needed to have a word for it. Gaelic is a cool language. If you look up how certain words are pronounced some of them make you laugh, but others really capture the meaning behind the word. I feel like the English language doesn't have a lot of that. How sad for us. Anyway, I tried to look past the amusing side of sgriobn into the darker side. Someone who takes the itch as an invitation to an all-night party. The damaging effects of being too familiar with alcohol. My original writing was different, but didn't aesthetically please me when placed over the image. So I wrote a quick little something over the image instead of covering the entire thing in order to fit the original text. 

1 comment:

  1. Its nice that you took the phrase and looked beyond it to the after-effects of it. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete