Sunday, September 4, 2011

Posts 3 and 4

While I initially started to draw this for post 2 (the german one about standing in a wood) time passed and this Micron landscape easily morphed into the water theme. Hope you all like it!



Because I'm a total dork I really enjoyed reading about Elizabeth I when I was younger, so while this isn't exactly a classic "children's book" it's something that makes me recall my childhood.  I still think Elizabeth is a total BAMF and could easily read many more books about her. Of course I could have done lots of others drawings from Tolkien or Lewis or MacDonald, but I just felt like drawing Old Bess. This is watercolour with micron....It's only a coloured sketch though, I didn't spend a huge amount of time with her. Her left arm is completely unnatural so forgive me.


1 comment:

  1. I love how defined your lines are, these are great. The top one looks straight out of an illustrated storybook.

    ReplyDelete